We are looking for a Credit Controller to join our Accounts Department chasing late payments from customers.
The ideal candidate is reliable, committed and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
Based in Stockport, Stephensons are an established family business with almost 150 years supplying the catering and hospitality industry.
Monday – Friday: 9am-5:30pm
plus 1 in 6 Saturdays: 9:30am-3pm
£16,000 p/a plus £50 monthly bonus upon reaching company sales targets
Ensure debts are paid in a timely manner
- Chase overdue debts
- Maintain records of collection activity
- Handle disputed invoices and negotiate to bring in payment
- Put accounts on stop where appropriate
Maintain cash on delivery and credit card debtor lists
- Manage debtor lists
- Collect payment
- Process Cash on Delivery and Credit Card receipts
Credit control support
- Copy invoices
- Proof of delivery, correct invoice and account errors
Debtor Account maintenance
- Keep names, address and Credit limits etc up to date
- Credit rating renewals for End of month debtors
Qualifications/ Required Experience
- A GCSE ‘C’ or equivalent in Maths
- Experience of working in a Credit Control role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work prioritise own workload and demonstrate planning and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail and IT, preferably Excel skills.
- Good customer service skills and manner when chasing Customers invoices over the telephone and enough confidence to deal with uncomfortable situations that may arise with clients who owe money.
- Other skills that will help you in this role include being friendly, with the ability to work in a team as well as individually and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines