We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic retail assistant to join our close-knit Cash & Carry Team.
The ideal candidate is reliable, committed and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
Based in Stockport, Stephensons are an established family business with almost 150 years supplying the catering and hospitality industry.
Cash & Carry Manager
Monday – Friday: 9am-5:30pm
plus 3-4 Saturdays: 9:30am-3pm
Details upon application.
Work as a member of Cash and Carry Front of House Team
- Ensure that all customers receive an excellent level of customer service
- Go the ‘extra mile’ for all customers
- Operate the cash and carry opening and closing procedure
- Operate tills accurately and quickly
- Advise customers on most suitable and correct products
- Try to achieve suitable add on sales eg bins with lids etc
- Take full responsibility for ‘to order’ items i.e. ordering items, communicating with the customer and supplier re delivery dates and times
- Be willing to complete your customer’s sale and stay with the customer after usual closing times to do this
Other Cash and Carry duties
- Code stock and note, action any discrepancies and stock shelves as necessary
- Ensure that aisles are consistently well stocked and are always neat and tidy
- Pick cash and carry orders to correct times ensuring that they are ready for the customer to collect
- Assist in maintaining the cash and carry showroom
- Merchandise items in an attractive manner to optimise sales
- Constantly update your product knowledge by attending training sessions and by questioning reps and managers on products
Assist in maintaining the security of Cash and Carry
- Observe customers and ensure that retail area is manned wherever possible
- Assist in other departments as required
- Assist with annual stocktake (which may involve working one weekend annually)
- Relating to Customers- Great customer service skills
- Dependable- Meets cash & carry, show room & customer expectations, highly organises own time effectively and creates own work schedules. Prioritises and prepares in advance. Sets realistic time-scales.
- Team Work- Supports others and shows respect in all situations. Working effectively within the team, other departments and with customers. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that compliment those of the organisation.
- Product knowledge- Background knowledge and a thorough grasp of products and services. Has expertise in own area and/or is able to demonstrate a willingness to learn.