HG Stephenson’s is an independent family business based in Stockport and celebrating 150 years in 2018. Since 1868 we’ve been inspiring the UK catering and hospitality industry with an extensive and ever updating collection of glassware, crockery, cutlery, disposables and much more. We’re a rapidly growing company and as such are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor to join our small team of 8 advisors.
Customer Services Manager
38.25 (plus 1 in 6 Saturdays)
Competitive + Bonus
This is not a traditional Customer Service Advisor role and offers a vastly different working routine than typical inbound or sales orientated advisor positions. The role is really about being an approachable, adaptable and personable advisor that will aid customers with a memorable level of service and excellent product knowledge. There’s over 8,000 products in our catalogue, with even more available online, so it’ll require dedication to get to grips with our range!
- You will be the first point of contact for the organisation, answering and directing all calls coming into the organisation eg customer enquiries, sales orders and all other telephone contact.
- We pride ourselves on our levels of customer service and our ability to provide expert advice. Accordingly you’ll need to build and maintain up-to-date product knowledge and operational awareness in order to fulfil any requests or questions a customer may have with their order.
- You will ensure you have great accuracy and attention to detail when entering orders onto the system, always taking time to ensure that the customer has ordered the correct products.
- You will work closely with the company sales executives as their point of contact when they are in the field and will strive to keep up to date with their products so that you can effectively advise the customer.
- You will also work closely with the purchasing, warehouse and accounts teams to ensure that the information they require to complete a customer’s order is as accurate as possible.
- You love being part of a team and you thrive on working in a fast moving, vibrant environment.
- You believe and can demonstrate that you are passionate about customer service, delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- You’ll have effective interpersonal skills and feel comfortable communicating in an affable yet professional manner.
- Cope well with pressures and setbacks, working productively in a sometimes high-pressured setting.
- Due to the number of products and different customers/establishments, you’ll need to be dynamic and versatile to meet varying requirements.
- The ability to rapidly learn new tasks and quickly retain information to memory.
- 1 year customer service experience (preferred)
- Staff discount in cash and carry
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities for progression
- Supportive working environment