With an illustrious history dating back to 1868, Stephensons have been supplying the catering and hospitality industry for almost 150 years.
Stephensons are renowned for their innovative, exciting products and are often first to market with the latest trends from leading suppliers such as Churchill, Dudson, Steelite, Villeroy & Boch, Duni and Artis.
Alongside tableware, Stephensons also supply back of house and capital equipment. The company invested in a demonstration kitchen in 2016 to replicate a commercial environment. With limited seating and an informal, friendly atmosphere, Stephensons host demonstrations from RATIONAL, Robot Coupe and other distinguished manufacturers.
Immediate (9-12 month position)
38.25 hours a week
Plus 1 in 6 Saturdays
We offer a competitive salary.
Details upon application.
Reporting to the purchasing manager and working as part of a small team of three you will be responsible for the following;
- Understanding product specifications and sourcing products for Customers and our team of Representatives
- Processing requests and placing orders with suppliers
- Assisting the customer service team with queries for information and delivery dates accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining and updating data in our internal system relating to price and producing reports on for example, lead time, order quantities, order confirmations and delivery dates
- Maintain and update accurate supplier details
- Maintaining the cost and pricing database
- Liaising with the Warehouse to solve delivery queries and issues
- Liaising with the Warehouse to ensure they are aware of large deliveries so that these can be planned for
- Creation and management of spread sheets to control the purchasing process
- Assist with the ordering and confirming of sales samples required by our sales force
- Monitoring and forecasting stock levels
- Researching and finding new products and suppliers
- Negotiating prices and agreeing contracts
- Keeping up to date with market trends
Key Personal Behaviours
- Understanding & Self Motivated
- Getting things done – planning & organizing
- Working with others
- Developing self
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in the Catering industry desirable but not essential
- Strong Customer Services leadership experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- A high level of numeracy
- Product, Process & Operational Knowledge
Up to the job? We are accepting applicants of all skill levels.
Send your CV to our HR Manager: email@example.com